An attorney who listens to the most crucial voice — yours.
Thomas R. Brown has 49 years of civil trial experience. He has served on the Pre-Law Advisory Board of the University of North Florida; on the National Alumni Advisory Board of the Institute for Shipboard Education for the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and as the Chairman of the Dean's Advisory Board for the College of Arts and Sciences of University of North Florida. He has also served as a lecturer for the Florida Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Florida Coastal School of Law, the University of Florida, the University of North Florida, and the Jacksonville Bar Association.
Mr. Brown established The Brown Firm, P.L.C. in 2005 with one goal in mind: to deliver the highest level of professional representation to accident and injury victims, and those who have suffered the death of a loved one through the fault of another. Prior to establishing The Brown Firm, Mr. Brown was one of the founders of a prominent civil trial law firm consisting of twenty lawyers, and remained as a senior partner with that firm for over thirty years. He is an attorney-advocate who advises clients on litigation and trial strategy based on factual insight and substantive legal knowledge and experience. Each case is fully and completely prepared in the event it is resolvable only through a trial in the court system. You are invited to contact The Brown Firm to schedule a free consultation.
- Jacksonville University, A.A. 1959
- University of Florida, B.A.E. 1961
- Stetson University, J.D., 1967
- 1967, Florida Bar Association
- Study Commission on Utilities in Jacksonville, 1973–1974
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (State Delegate, 1985–1987)
- The American Association for Justice
- Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (Trial Practice-Personal Injury and Wrongful Death)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Association Board of Certification
- Pre-Law Advisory Board, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Fla.
- National Alumni Advisory Board, Institute for Shipboard Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Dean’s Advisory Board, College of Arts and Sciences, University of North Florida (Chairman)
- 08.30.10 – Jacksonville lawyers honored
- Jacksonville Magazine voted him Top Lawyers in Jacksonville for 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Voted in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers for 2012 by the National Trial Lawyers
- University of North Florida
- University of Florida
- Patty A. Pearson, Legal Assistant
- Dona Prall, Legal Assistant
When my husband died from what I believed was medical negligence, I contacted The Brown Firm. From the initial consultation to the conclusion of the case, I was kept apprised as to all aspects of the process, and treated with a high level of professionalism and courtesy. Having never gone through anything like this before, I was fearful and skeptical. Both Mr. Brown and his assistant, Patty, worked diligently for me, provided emotional support when I needed it, and genuinely cared about me, and my future. Any time I had a question or a concern, I was able to reach Mr. Brown personally, or if he was unavailable, he always returned my calls promptly. There was never a time he was not willing to listen to me, and provide good advice, as well as encouragement. He consistently took my feelings and opinions into consideration, and never attempted to force me into a decision I was uncomfortable with. The Brown Firm had both the financial and personal resources, as well as the expertise, to locate and retain the appropriate experts needed to successfully assist with my case. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my caseand the peace of mind it has brought to me. I believe Mr. Brown is the very best there is at what he does. I would not hesitate to recommend this firm to anyone.